Cyrodiil: The Next Age

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Oblivion crisis is over, but now new enemies have come to Cyrodiil, and new heroes must rise to stop them.

Forum Rules

Valen Vandree
    Valen Vandree
    Admin
    Admin

Forum Rules Empty Forum Rules

Post  Valen Vandree Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:41 pm

Out of Character Rules:

1. Excessive Profanity – Try to cut down on the profanity if you will people. You can say anything, but only when you feel necessary, and don’t say things that you can’t back up. I don't mind it in the slightest, but others might get offended.

2. Inappropriate Spam – Please refrain from making Out of Character posts in threads that are meant for In Character roleplaying. Sure you can add a bit of OOC to the beginning or end of your post, but if you post in an IC topic, make sure you have something going on In Character,

3. Racism; Sexism; Biases - Do not show any of these Out of Character. I don’t care if you are or not, as long as you keep it to yourself, but you never know who you might be talking to. My philosophy on this is what people don't know can't hurt them. You can be as racist as you want, just don't verbalize it.

In Character:

These are the rules of Role Playing in the world of Cyrodiil. If you don't follow these rules, your character may be stripped of their power which will mean beginning again with your very first weapon, or you'll have to re-create you character! It is also possible that you will be banned from Legends of Cyrodiil.

1. You cannot be in two places at once, that doesn't mean you can't have two topics going at once, just try and keep a memory of what events happened when.

2. In combat, you can not create an attack without destroying some of your energy. Magic requires magical energy, and you can only swing a sword so many times before you get tired.

3. You can't make up powers on the spot, that just isn't fair. If it isn't in your character sheet as one of your abilities, then you can't do it.

4. Don't control your opponent’s character in your own post, as you have no power over what he/she is planning on doing. This means DO NOT call your hits or shots, let them post before it is said that they were hit. DO NOT say that they moved or did anything they did not post. The only exception is if they give you permission.

5. You can be as rude, mean, and derogatory as you like in roleplay, not every one is butterflies and rainbows, but keep it out of the OOC forums.

6. Don't power play. Your characters are not gods, nor are they immortal. If they are in a fight, they can get hurt, but they can only die with your permission.

Character Rules:

When making you characters try and remember a few of these points:

1. Try and give a very descriptive character, make your character well thought up.

2. Take time on your character, don't try and scribble it out in a few minutes, take a while to plan the nature, history, description and what abilities your character will have.

3. Maybe get a picture so we know what your characters look like. A picture is worth a thousand words, therefore, without one I expect your description to be at least one thousand words long. Not necessarily, but you understand my meaning. If you can't find a picture make up for the lack of that with the amount of verbal description.

4. Don't give your character abilities that you know are way out of line. No growing parts, no transforming, unless you are a lycan, and other things of that nature.

5. Vampires, only feed on NPC's, unless a person gives you permission. And pm and admin or mod if you want to be turned. We can only have so many bloodsuckers running around.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:11 am